Sunday, October 20, 2019

Cinque Terre Vernazza Chianti Tower Pisa





Vernazza





Torre di Pisa


It took me 6 Trips to Italy to finally make it to see one of the most famous Italian attractions of all, "The Leaning Tower of Pizza at the Piazza Miracoli. It was a research trip with my business partner Tom (Bar Cichetti). I was landing in Milan, we were going to meet in Florence and Tom and his associate at TJT were first going to Lago di Como, so I figured I'd take the train to the Italian Riviera and Cinque Terre, and would stay in the town of Vernaazza for two days before heading to Fierenze. 

I had a nice time on the Cinque Terre, hiking to 4 of the 5 towns, eating, drinking local wine and having a great time as usual in Bella Italia. After my two days in Vernaazza was up, I'd be heading down to Florence to meet up with Tom and Maran. The train would be passing through Pisa, so I figured I just had to see the "Leaning Tower of Pisa," if only this one time. So I figured, I'd catch an early train from Vernazza to Pisa, jump off the train for 2 1/2 hours, run over to the Piazza Miracoli and see the Torre di Pisa. And so I did, and I must say, though it is a bit touristy, it's gorgeous and something you just have to see. And it's not just the Tower of Pisa but the whole Piazza di Miracoli is beeautiful, including the Cathedral, The Baptistery next door to it, and of course la Torre.

And so I saw the leaning Tower of Pisa, I took pictures, I had a great time, I loved, and was so glad I did. I got on a local bus and headed toward the train station. I hopped on the next train to Florence, passing trhough Empoli and Prato along the way.





The DUOMO

Florence , Italy





Approaching Villa Calcinaia

GREVE






CHIANTI CONTI CAPONI






Me having Lunch with the Conti Caponi

Sebastiano and Nicholas


VILLA CALCINAIA


GREVE ,  1997





VILLA CALCINAIA

GREVE






Vigna dell Piave

FONTODI

PANZANO





"FLACCIANELLO"




And FONTODI



OFF to VENICE




Piazza San MARCO

And MY VENICE





On The GRAND CANAL






Hanging with "El LUPO"

Arturo, one of Venice's most Famou GONDOLIERE.

At BACARO VIVALDI

1995





An assortment of CICHETTI at ARCO

CICHETTI "The Namesake of My VENETIAN WINE BAR"

BAR CICHETTI

NEW YORK , NY








BAR CICHETTI






.



















No comments:

Post a Comment